|Turner Sports Cars||Photos by Chassis Number|
|Alexander Turner featured in the March 1960 issure of Sports Car and Lotus Owner magazine. Pictured here in 1960 at Silverstone.
This was the first Alexander Turner, registered on 02nd December 1959.
The Brilliant Red car was used extensively in publicity material upon launch and was the car many prospective new customers or motoring journalists would be provided with the opportunity to drive. One such road test of this car appears in the March 1960 edition of Sports car and Lotus owner in which the car received a very favourable report praising the car as a 948cc with the performance of a 1 ˝ litre MGA together with better road handling and greater luggage capacity. The car was fitted with the Cross Flow head conversion and twin 1 1\4” SU carburettors, flat top pistons and sports camshaft, a Close ratio transmission with ZF Self locking differential, 9” front disc brakes, larger 8 X 1 1/2” twin leading shoe rear brakes and numerous detail improvements.
It was later sold through Alexanders retail garage concern Michael Christie Motors of Aylesbury in October of 1961 to Miss Shelly Marten who was to successfully take to the track with the car. Indeed during the 1961 and 1962 seasons Miss Marten and 333 KPP competed in 39 national racing events completing all but one of them, this being the Autosport 3hr event at Snetterton where the gearbox jammed going through the esses whilst lying 3rd in class with just a quarter of an hour to go. The car was a success with Miss Marten at the wheel and during the 62 season received an enhancing ‘Sebring Conversion’ from Alexander thus giving the car even greater horsepower. Miss Marten was to retire from active racing in late 1962 so the car was sold on and the history thereafter or ultimate fate of the car is unknown.
This previously unknown Turner was identifed through researching regional licensing record archives .
Reg. No. 333 KPP.